Mattias Desmet is recognized as the world’s leading expert on the theory of mass formation as it applies to the COVID-19 pandemic. He is a professor of clinical psychology in the Department of Psychology and Educational Sciences at Ghent University (Belgium) and a practicing psychoanalytic psychotherapist. His work on mass formation theory was brought to the world’s attention on The Joe Rogan Experience and in major alternative news outlets around the globe.
“[Desmet] is waking a lot of people up to the dangerous place we are now with a brilliant distillation of how we ended up here.”Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
In this conversation, Mattias
💡 deconstructs the societal conditions that allow this collective psychosis to take hold.
💡 And illustrates how close we are to surrendering to totalitarian regimes.
Themes & Keywords
- The steps that lead toward mass formation, including:
– An overall sense of loneliness and lack of social connections and bonds
– A lack of meaning―unsatisfying “bullsh*t jobs” that don’t offer purpose
– Free-floating anxiety and discontent that arise from loneliness and lack of meaning
– Manifestation of frustration and aggression from anxiety
– Emergence of a consistent narrative from government officials, mass media, etc., that exploits and channels frustration and anxiety
- How & why Totalitarianism builds on mass formation and has always devastating results.
- Simple solutions―both individual and collective―to prevent the willing sacrifice of our freedoms.
Be, As You Are💫❤️
Watch this episode on Youtube
Listen to this episode on Spotify
or Your preferred Platform
- Apple Podcast
- Amazon Music
- Google Podcast
- Pocket Casts
More About mattias desmet
- Mattias’ book ‘The Psychology of Totalitarianism’ publishes on June 23 and is now available for pre-order anywhere books are sold: E.g. https://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Totalitarianism-Mattias-Desmet/dp/1645021726/
- Hannah Arendt ‘The Origins of Totalitarianism’
- John Ioannidis ‘Why Most Published Research Findings Are False’
What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode?
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments!
Sign up for invitations to (free) seminars and more news around ‘Beyond Perception’! I’m looking forward to the journey of discovery together! 💪😃
Invitation to our Seminars
⚡️Are you curious to learn how to use your intuition in a targeted way in order to sustainably unfold your creative genius? Then our seminars are for you!⚡️ More here:
Let’s unfold your Genius! What are you waiting for? 😃⚡️